Air transport or aviation plays a very important role in the transport structure of the world, it is considered as the gift of the twentieth century to the world. The biggest advantage of this type of transport means that it has no apparent obstacles during its displacement. Their way of displacement is by air. Within these means of transport are helicopters and airplanes.
It has No physical barriers as in the case of land transport mode. However, air transport must meet the requirements of international law. The ultimate advantage of air transport lies in its speed.
This mode of transport is very useful to get the products with short delivery times quickly and safely to those who require it. It also allows the tourism industry in each country to have stable growth by shortening the distance among all the people who inhabit the world.
Advantages of air transport
Here is the list of the most important advantages and disadvantages of air transport:
- It allows the internationalization of the products.
- Shipping can be made to any country in the world that has an airstrip.
- Infrastructure is a less expensive mode of transport.
- Aircraft travel anywhere without natural obstacles or barriers because custom formalities are compiled very quickly.
- It allows the tourist development of many countries of the world
- It is very useful in agriculture: air transport is useful for controlling pests and insects that cause crop damage.
- Used by the governments of each country in natural disasters: for example during earthquakes, floods, accidents etc.
- Air transport is used for rescue operations.
- It is the fastest means of transport both passengers and goods can easily be transported from one place to another.
- Compared to railways and road transport, there is no need to spend money on the construction of any track or road, only airports have to be built.
- All the countries of the world have airports and are connected to each other facilitating the transfer from one place to another.
- is very regulated and strongly protected in each of the countries of the world
- In many countries, air transport is considered to be the only means of access in areas where land transport is difficult to enter.
Importance of air transport
The importance of air transport can be seen in all the advantages offered by this service in each of the sectors of the economies of different countries, as a considerable speed in transport, especially for long distances.
We all know in some way the different aerial vehicles, the most common examples that we can highlight are presented in this order:
- Hot air balloon
- Airship or Zeppelin
- Sports aircraft
- Space Shuttle is the only one of these means of air transport that can overcome the atmosphere and leave planet Earth.
The history of air transport dates back to 1903 when in the United States the brothers Orville and Wilbur Wright, made the first flight in the apparatus heavier than air in Kitty Hawk, North Carolina.
Air transport is the modern form of transport that has developed rapidly during the twentieth century. But it was not until after the First World War that air transport reached a prominent place in all countries.
After the Second World War air transport was more important with the introduction of engines to propulsion in this way the planes became bigger and more efficient. For the first time in 1958, British and American Airlines were inaugurated for commercial transport. In 1970 it makes its appearance the Boeing 747, the so-called Jumbo reactor, which can transfer from 360 to more than 500 passengers on regular flights.
Disadvantages of air transport
- High cost, by quantity of load in kilograms.
- Air transport is an expensive service.
- Their operational costs are too high.
- The middle class and poor people cannot use this means of transport massively.
- Air transport is accident-prone.
- There can be No maneuverability errors this can be very dangerous for passengers.
- Hijacking aircraft is easily possible.
- The construction of airports and aviation facilities requires huge investments.
- The cost of aircraft construction and maintenance requires large capital expenditures.
- Many times air transport is uncertain and unreliable because they depend on atmospheric conditions to start their journey
- The load capacity cannot be increased as in the case of railways.
- Delays and/or cancellations of flights
- Customs and special restrictions
Aviation is one of the most profitable means of transport for humankind, shortening the distance between all the countries of the world, allowing commercial exchange to be carried out in a safe and timely manner. It has facilitated the promotion of tourism in many places on the planet. However the disadvantages of air transport that must also be considered among them the most important is that it is necessary to build terminals areas in each country, you should consider the cost of construction of each aircraft and added to this you can not Increase the load capacity of the aircraft.
¿Te ha parecido útil este artículo?